At the Cheadle Osteopathy clinic, several of our *osteopaths are trained to use a form of acupuncture called medical acupuncture. They can use on its own or alongside your physical therapy treatment.
This can be an excellent way to help reduce muscle spasm and stimulate your body’s natural painkillers, to ease your pain.
The needles used are very fine, and used on specific points of the body. They will be left in place for a short period of time and often only a few needles are needed to get a good response.
In addition to pain relief, acupuncture can be beneficial to your general health and sense of well-being.
What can it be used for?
- pain and muscle spasm
- relief of tension headaches
- relief of the symptoms of overactive bladder syndrome
- short-term relief of tension type headaches
- relief of migraine headache
- relief of chronic low back pain
- relief of neck pain or chronic neck pain
- relief from temporomandibular (TMD/TMJ) pain
- temporary relief for osteoarthritis knee pain, when used in addition to mainstream treatments
Our 3 steps to feeling better
You don’t have to miss out on life anymore
COVID 19 - Keeping you safe
BSc (Hons) Osteopathic Medicine D.O. N.D. BSc (Hons)
BSc (Hons) Ost. Med. D.O. N.D IOSH Qualified
*Cyril Irvine and Robert Chernick are both trained in medical acupuncture
If you specifically wish to have acupuncture as a part of your treatment/care or as a primary form of treatment, please mention this when booking so we can ensure you get booked with the right osteopath.
If booking online, please select an appointment with Cyril or Robert.