Let’s make the Festive Season Merry and Bright with these Cocktails and Mocktails recipes
White Christmas Martini (Makes 1 cocktail)
- 2 ounces vanilla vodka
- 2 ounces white chocolate liqueur
- 1 ounce white crème de cacao
- Honey and course sanding sugar for rim garnish Pour honey into a shallow dish and put the sanding sugar in another shallow dish. Coat the rim of the glass in honey, then dip the rim into the sugar to coat evenly. Set the glass aside. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add vodka, white chocolate liqueur and crème de cacao. Shake vigorously and strain into the pre prepared martini glass.
Cranberry Old Fashioned (Makes 1 cocktail)
- 3 ounces quality bourbon whiskey
- 1 ounce cranberry simple syrup*
- 3 shakes Angostura bittersGarnish with orange peel, fresh cranberries, and rosemary.
- In a serving glass with ice, stir together the bourbon, cranberry simple syrup, and bitters. Garnish with orange peel, fresh cranberries, and rosemary.
*Cranberry Simple Syrup – In a saucepan, bring 2 cups of water, 1 cup of sugar, and one cup of fresh cranberries to a boil. Once boiling, cook for 4-5 minutes. Strain with a fine mesh sieve. Cool before serving.
Salted Caramel White Russian (Makes 1 cocktail)
- 1 part Salted Caramel coffee liqueur (Bailey’s or Kaluha)
- 2 parts Salted Caramel Vodka
- 1 part Half & Half (milk and cream)
- Caramel sauce to garnish
In a cocktail shaker, combine the Kahlua, vodka, and half & half. Stir with a spoon to combine.
Drip caramel sauce down the side of a drinking glass. Add ice until the glass is about three quarters full; then pour in your cocktail. Garnish with a straw and serve.
Always drink responsibly
Spiced Apple Syrup with Clementine & Cloves
- 200ml apple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp whole allspice
- 1 mace blade
- 2 whole cloves
- small strip fresh ginger
- 1 clementine zest finely peeled with a vegetable peeler
- 100g golden caster sugar
Heat the apple juice with whole spices, ginger, zest and sugar. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins. Remove from the heat and leave to cool, then strain the syrup into small bottles.
Pear and Rose Punch
- 1l pear juice
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 tbsp. golden caster sugar
- 4 cardamom pods
- few slices root ginger
- 25ml raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp rosewater
- 250ml sparkling water
- Rosemary sprigs*
- Thyme leaves, picked*
- Sliced raw pear*
- Handful frozen blackcurrants*
* For the garnish
Pour the pear juice into a large pan. Add the vanilla pod, golden caster sugar, cardamom pods and root ginger, then bring to a simmer. Leave to cool completely, then strain into a punch bowl or jug.
Add the raw apple cider vinegar, rosewater and sparkling water. Garnish with rosemary sprigs, thyme, sliced red pear and a handful of frozen redcurrants. Add ice and serve.
Pomegranate Mojito Mocktail
- 3 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- big bunch mint
- 2 limes, quartered, plus slices to garnish
- 1l pomegranate juice
- 500ml lemonade
A day ahead, divide the pomegranate seeds between the holes in an ice cube tray, top up with water and freeze.
Reserve half the mint for serving, and tear the rest into a large jug with the lime quarters. Using a rolling pin, bash the mint and lime to release the flavours. Add the pomegranate juice and lemonade. Put ice cubes in each glass, then strain over the pomegranate mix through a small sieve. Garnish with lime slices and more mint.